Vegan Pecan Pie
This Vegan Pecan pie is filled with a gooey filling with a crunchy crust and nutty pecans that everyone will enjoy.
- 2 Packs Wewalka Vegan Pie Crust Or any other vegan pie crust.
- 2/3 Cups Vegan butter
- 2 Cups Brown sugar
- 1 Cups Corn Syrup
- 5 Tbs Corn starch
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1 Package Extra Firm Silken Tofu
- 4 Cups Whole Pecans You can add more if you're feeling adventurous.
Coconut Whipped cream
- 3 Cans Full fat Coconut Milk Refrigerated.
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar Or more if you want it sweeter.
The pie crust
Place pie crusts in pie dish/pan and bake for 10-15 minutes while you prep the filling.
**BE SURE TO POKE HOLES IN THE PIE DOUGH TO PREVENT DOUGH FROM RISING**
When it's golden brown, remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool.
Mix together the brown sugar, vegan butter, corn starch and corn syrup over medium heat.
When the mixture gets to a slight boil, reduce heat to low and add vanilla extract and salt.
In a food processor, pulse together the tofu, 1 cup of pecans and brown sugar mixture.
Divide mixture into the two pie crusts.
Bake for an hour until pies are soft yet firm.